Hired by the owner, an owner’s representative is a construction professional representing their interests throughout each stage of construction. With years of experience in project development from conception through design, construction, and closeout, an owner’s representative offers valuable, unbiased advice to ensure a project meets the owner’s goals and objectives.
What Does an Owner’s Representative Do?
Having extensive construction knowledge, an owner’s representative uses their background to ensure successful project completion and monitor for cost overruns and delays that can negatively impact a project’s timeline and budget. Below are some core services that an owner’s representative provides:
- Property condition assessment
- Scope development
- Design team procurement: Architect, Engineers, and Consultants
- Development of conceptual budget
- Solicitation and procurement of general and sub-contractors
- Development, maintenance, and adherence to the master budget
- Facilitate terms and conditions of contracts as well as guaranteed maximum pricing
- Facilitate permitting process and regulatory requirements
- Facilitate, coordinate, and oversee all construction
- Interfacing with the property manager
- Punch list and closeout management
Why Do I Need an Owner’s Representative?
Whether you are an experienced project owner with several developments or tackling your first development, an owner’s representative can assist you in safeguarding your investment. Although a representative has expertise in all areas, knowledgeable professionals such as Moran Construction Consultants understand that, when it comes to an owner’s representative service, there is not a one size fits all approach. Established in 1968 as a general construction company, we evolved into a company specializing in construction consulting in the 1980s. From projects priced at hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions of dollars, we’ve diligently served clients across the United States for over 40 years. We pride ourselves in providing a personalized service that is tailored to fit an owner’s needs and recognize that those needs may vary from project to project. When you choose Moran Construction Consultants for your owner’s representation needs, you can feel confident knowing that your project is in capable hands.